WHY CONTOURING IS IMPORTANT?
Why contouring and highlighting is getting so much importance? the reason behind is defining your facial features more beautifully as it makes your nose, cheekbones, chin and forehead more in shape. as there are different face shapes and by contouring you can add more details for example round face contain fuller cheeks so by contouring and highlighting you can make it long slimmer and more in shape. It is a method that has been made popular by many makeup artists of the celebrities, however using the appropriate products and brushes it becomes easy for you to master these techniques by simply doing it by yourself. It is not just about applying, the perfect blending is the main art that gives you natural as well as flawless look.
CONTOURING AREAS OF YOUR FACE:
- Forehead corners
- Hollows of the cheeks
HIGHLIGHTING AREAS OF YOUR FACE:
- Forehead center
- Nose tip
- Top lip
SELECTION OF APPROPRIATE PRODUCTS:
The main and the more considerable point of contouring and highlighting is the selection of appropriate products and also the tools you are going to use for blending. Let’s start with what products you should use.
1. FOUNDATION SIMILAR AS SKIN TONE:
The first thing you are going to do is to select the foundation that doesnot differ from the actual color of your skin. The reason of making use of the same shade foundation as your skin color is that it will blend with your actual complexion very well andprovide a base and makes your skin feels even to start onby giving an all-natural look and will make it easy to use dark and light shades.
- Use same products means to make use of a foundation that is made up of exact material just like the other products that you are going to apply means they should be all creamy or else all powdery. Mixing these two will give you a caked-on look.
- When you stuck by what foundation shade will match well with your skin tone, then try to use the foundation on your neck as the neck skin is lighter than your face skin and this way you will avoid your finishing makeup look to appear darker.
2. LIGHTER FOUNDATION:
Apply a foundation that’ll be lighter than your actual complexion. The basic thing about contouring is highlighting the sections of your face that you want to make more noticeable and shading the areas that you intend to recede.
- Use the lighter shade foundation but it must not be too much lighter as in this way you’ll not acquire a natural look.
- If you want to alternate the foundation, use eye shadow or light concealer.
3. DARKER FOUNDATION:
Apply a foundation that’ll be darker than your actual complexion. The purpose of using darker foundation is to make prominent the desired places of your face such as shaping your chin or your cheekbones and make them appear slimmer.
- Avoid getting a quite darker look than your actual skin tone.
- As an alternative, you can make use of a dark concealer pencil, normal dark eyeshades or bronzer.
4. BLENDING BRUSH:
Here comes the important tool to work with. After applying all shades of foundation no it’s time to blend them. Blending the shades well is necessary if you don’t want to look unnatural. Nowadays, there are many varieties of such blending brushes you can get them individually or in a complete set. Pick the big one for blending. Make sure that you’re using a soft and good quality blending brush.
- As an alternative, be a master by blending it with your fingers or else with a soft spongy blender. Blending with fingers works only if you’d applied the creamy foundation.
START CONTOURING & HIGHLIGHTING FACE:
1. Get ready with a clean face:
Makeup is just like painting on a blank canvas. So wash & clean your face if you’re wearing any additional makeup to have a fresh look. Pull your hair out of your face as contouring will extend to your hairline on the top of your head.
2. Apply even foundation as your skin tone:
Use a lighter shade foundation and apply it on all over your face and also below your chin and on your neck. Blend it well with a blending brush. If you’ve dark eye circles or any blemishes then you should need to use a concealer at this point.
3. Use light Foundation to highlight special areas:
Highlighting the specific areas of your face will help bring more attention. So focus on using a light color foundation compared with your skin tone on the following sections of your face.
- Center of the forehead.
- Top of brow lines.
- Center line of your nose.
- Tops of cheekbones
- On Cupid’s bow (it is the area lies between the nose tip and top of lip).
- Center of the chin.
4. Use dark Foundation to emphasize special areas:
Shading the special areas of your face makes your face to be more in shape and appear slim and attractive. These following areas are your points of consideration for applying dark shade foundation that will be darker than your actual skin color.
- Along with the hairline on top of the forehead.
- Corners of the forehead
- Both sides of the nose (vertically).
- Hollows of the cheeks (by sucking cheeks in).
- Both sides of the jawline (starting from ears towards the chin tip)
5. Shimmer highlighter:
After blending all foundation shades carefully and perfectly, here the finishing product that every woman is in love with. There are different shades of such highlighters and they give you a completely stunning look. It is for making the light sections to appear more prominent. These highlighters are both in cream and powder.
- Apply a little quantity of blush on tops of your cheekbones if you want. They’re in different shades so consider applying a soft shade. (in a back and forth direction)